A serene, lovely lake setting surrounds these two homes for the comfort of a large family to share the holidays in Highlands, NC. The Main house has a king in the master suite with new Maytag washer and dryer, lots of windows to capture the woods and lake view. It has a full kitchen with newer appliances, quartz countertops and dining room. Two more bedrooms and bath are on the other side of the house. They both have a queen bed. The fireplace is woodturning in the living room; wood is on the porch. "The Snuggery" guest book has plenty of interesting information about the house and the Highlands area. It's in the book case for referral.
The Guest Cottage has a king bed in the loft, gas log fireplace and kitchen area. The guest cottage is not available separately from the main house,
only in addition to it.
$2200 Main and guest house
$1750 Main House
(Christmas or New Years week rental)
The Snuggery is a great place to vacation. This three bedroom, two bath home with an additional 2/1 Guest House, sits up high on the Big Creek finger of Lake Sequoyah within the Town limits of Highlands, NC (less than 2 miles from Main Street). The warmth of pine walls, oak floors and ceilings in this older Highlands home are sure to snuggle guests with charm and comfort. Located close to all conveniences and local attractions on a full acre; tiered gardens, multiple decks, and a lovely Gazebo make outdoor living gracious and complete.
Main House Features
• Lots of large windows overlooking the lake and high ceilings in most rooms.
• Central air and heat.
• Large, wood burning fireplace in the living room and a wood burning stove in the master bedroom area. Firewood included in the rental fee.
• Three bedrooms (two with queen beds, one with king bed).
• Two bathrooms (one with tub and handheld shower; one with small shower stall).
• Hot tub and outdoor shower (April through November ONLY. Not operable during the winter months).
• Telephone, Internet and Satellite/Cable TV provided (two TV’s, one with DVD).
• Kitchen with full sized gas range/convection oven; dishwasher; side by side fridge. All cooking and dining utensils including toaster, food processor, herbs, spices, food wraps, paper towels, etc.
• Dining table seats 8 very comfortably but can seat 10-12.
• Full sized washer/dryer. All bed, bath and dining linens are provided.
• Outdoor Dining Gazebo with table and chairs for six.
• Dock with canoe and multiple kayaks.
• Great stereo system with large CD collection and a wonderful library hall of books.
The “Lil” Snugg Guest House
Cozy and wonderful, the guest house is great for large families or those who wish to have guests join them and still maintain some level of privacy. Some couples even opt to rent the guest house as well to use it as a make shift “office” or studio during their visit.
Guest House Features
• Wood floors, walls, ceilings; carpet in loft area.
• Stone Fireplace with gas logs (this is also the primary heat source).
• Small kitchenette with a fridge (w/freezer), small electric stove with oven, a microwave and sink.
• Full sized, 4 piece bathroom with a fabulous, 6 foot soaking tub, as well as a small shower stall.
• A living area that includes a small bistro table and chairs to seat 4.
• Two sleeping areas: A double bed in the main level living area; a king bed in the upper sleeping loft.
• A writing desk in the upper loft area.
• No phone, but wireless Internet and cable/Satellite TV (small, 13 inch TV).
• Window AC unit in the summer months. The heat sources are propane logs in fireplace for the main living areas and baseboard heat in the bathroom.
• The guest house is also suitcase ready! All bed/bath/dining linens provided. All cooking and dining utensils provided.
Off season rates available by request